Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Faith in Humanity is Restored

Today I was talking to a friend of mine after school. The lad doesn't say much, but I rather like him. I decided to ask him about his college search thus far, and found he'd like to major in either History or Archaeology. I don't know diddly about the latter, but I talked about the former.

This boy knew who Chester Arthur was.

I had never talked to him about Chet before, and honestly he didn't know anything about him. But unlike most people I've talked to, he at least knew the name and connected it with presidents. And then he actually asked about him so he could expand his knowledge.

Prior to this, I was speaking with a Latin teacher. We were talking about my college plans and got to how I was considering teaching History. Of course, this also led to mentions of the Gentleman President. This Latin teacher also knew the name and connected him to the presidency. He too asked about him.


Now this alone pretty much made my day, but then in doing research to try to come up with a topic, I came across . Go read the page.

Yep, that's right, the first other presidential oddity listed is about Chester Arthur's pants.


People are pretty alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment